We Need Your Help
We need donations and grants to continue to record, translate, publish, and search for materials of Grikor Mirzaian Suni. Most of our work is volunteer, and really a labor of love, but still we need to pay independent contractors, recording studios, publishers, translators, etc. We have no employees. We are nonprofit and have 501(c)3 tax exempt status. We can accept checks and money orders. Thank you so much!
Interested in specific projects that need your help?
- In Armenia in the Composers’ Union there is a big, over 300-page unpubished manuscript of choral works of Grikor Mirzaian Suni assembled by foremost Soviet Armenian musicologist Robert Atayan, with a 30 page introduction. This treasure needs to be published.
- In Armenia in the State Literature and Art Museum archive there are Suni music manuscripts including an operetta called “Motsikool” (Matchmaker) which need to be published. An unpublished manuscript is vulnerable. Publishing it preserves it.
- We need to do a new studio recording of Suni choral and orchestral works.
- We need to make CD recordings from tape recordings we made of the singing of Suni’s son Gourgen (George) Suny for over 20 years, from 1972 to 1994.
- We need to translate into English the many essays and articles by and about Grikor Mirzaian Suni, and his song words.
- We need to translate into English the biography of Grikor Suni written in 1943 in Philadelphia by Hagop Kouyoumjian, “Grikor M. Suni: Musician and Man”.
- We need to publish the many manuscripts in our archive including orchestral works, choral works, vocal solos, piano works, and others.
- We need to digitize the archive.
We need help especially financially, but also from those who can help in other ways, translating, digitizing, publishing, searching for manuscripts and sources, contacting people who may have materials, contacting libraries and musicians who might be interested in Suni’s music. We would like for this music to be known to musicians, musicologists, libraries, and listeners, and all lovers of beautiful music.
Please let us know if you have any materials of Suni, knowledge, memories, stories, information. Please share this with us and with others! Suni was a charismatic cultural figure in his time, but lately has been little known. It is time to bring back his music!